I create my mosaics using beautifully worn pieces of genuine sea glass. I then photograph them and turn them into art prints, greeting cards, and more. Each mosaic takes a few hours to make and sometimes starts one way and ends up another!
I am proud to be a member of the North American Sea Glass Association.
I love meeting other beach lovers at sea and beach glass shows and festivals, including the following:
- Santa Cruz Sea Glass and Ocean Arts Festival, Santa Cruz CA, 2016-2018
- Great Lakes Beach Glass and Coastal Arts Festival, Erie PA, 2017, 2019
- Great Lakes Beach Glass and Coastal Arts Festival, Buffalo NY, 2018
- Santa Barbara Sea Glass Festival, Santa Barbara CA, 2017-2018
- North American Sea Glass Festival, Wilmington DE, 2017
- North American Sea Glass Festival, Wildwood, NJ, 2018
- Cayucos Sea Glass Festival, Cayucos, CA, 2018-2019
- Northeast Sea Glass Expo, Hyannis MA, 2017
- Small Business Saturday Holiday Boutique, Aptos CA, 2016-2018
- Jingle Shells Arts and Crafts Festival, Santa Cruz CA, 2017
Etched by the Sea is an eco-friendly and sustainable business.
Sustainability at Etched by the Sea starts with the sea glass I collect on beaches around the world, which was originally trash that was thrown in the water but has been transformed by the waves into soft, rounded nuggets of glass. I upcycle these frosted pieces into art, jewelry, and accessories. In addition to picking up sea glass, I pick up garbage on the beaches every time I beachcomb to help leave the beach better than I found it.
Etched by the Sea is a 100% solar-powered home-based business, with all of my electricity coming from the solar array on my roof. I recycle all paper, metal, and plastic waste. If you receive a package with packing peanuts or packaging air bags, those are recycled from packages I received containing the supplies I use to make my products.
It’s all part of my commitment to the planet and our environment.
Seaglass collecting is my hobby and graphic design is my profession. Etched by the Sea is the combination of these two loves, and I hope you enjoy having my sea glass, pottery, and shell designs in your home as much as I love creating them. When not wandering the beaches collecting sea glass, fossils, and shells, I am the Creative Director and founder of Scott Design. I have degrees in Economics from Stanford University and Graphic Design from Rhode Island School of Design. View my LinkedIn Profile.
Contact me if you would like a one-of-a-kind custom piece created just for you...with your sea glass or mine! View my wholesale line or contact me about carrying Etched by the Sea products in your shop.
See you at the beach!
All images are protected by copyright through the U.S.Copyright Office.