Seaglass collecting is my hobby and graphic design is my profession. Etched by the Sea is the combination of these two loves, and I hope you enjoy having my sea glass, pottery, and shell designs in your home as much as I loved creating them!
I create my mosaics using beautifully worn pieces of genuine sea glass. I the photograph them and turn them into art prints, greeting cards, and more. Each mosaic takes a few hours to make and sometimes starts one way and ends up another! This quick time-lapse video shows a little bit of the process of creating a sea glass design.
I am proud to be a member of the North American Sea Glass Association.
I love meeting people at sea and beach glass shows and festivals, including the following:
- Santa Cruz Sea Glass and Ocean Arts Festival, Santa Cruz CA, 2016 & 2017
- Great Lakes Beach Glass and Coastal Arts Festival, Erie PA, 2017
- Santa Barbara Sea Glass Festival, Santa Barbara CA, 2017
- North American Sea Glass Festival, Wilmington DE, 2017
- Northeast Sea Glass Expo, Hyannis MA, 2017
- Jingle Shells Arts and Crafts Festival, Santa Cruz CA, 2017
- Great Lakes Beach Glass and Coastal Arts Festival, Buffalo NY, 2018
When not wandering the beaches collecting seaglass, sea marbles, fossils, and pottery shards, I am the Creative Director and founder of Scott Design. I have degrees in Economics from Stanford University and Graphic Design from Rhode Island School of Design. View my LinkedIn Profile.
Thanks for stopping by!